Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Problem exporting .mp4 or mpeg4 files from Final Cut and Quicktime

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Lee BurrowsProblem exporting .mp4 or mpeg4 files from Final Cut and Quicktime
by on Jan 22, 2008 at 7:21:02 pm

Hello everyone. I am trying to export an.mp4 using the H264 codec for YouTube from Final Cut and when I go through quicktime conversion and set it up everything is fine but upon trying to export the file it causes the program to crash or unexpectedly close. It will start and appear to be working for awhile and then it will just crash.

I also tried exporting from quicktime and it starts again and then I get a failed message at some point during the export.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Russell LassonRe: Problem exporting .mp4 or mpeg4 files from Final Cut and Quicktime
by on Jan 22, 2008 at 7:31:40 pm

Have you exported the file as a self contained movie from FCP? Using the self contained file, did that crash the porgrams?

-Russ

Russell Lasson
Kaleidoscope Pictures
Provo, UT

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lee BurrowsRe: Problem exporting .mp4 or mpeg4 files from Final Cut and Quicktime
by on Jan 22, 2008 at 7:42:28 pm

Hey Russ. Unfortunately I have tried it exporting it first as a FCP quicktime movie and then opening it with the Quicktime player to then export it from Quicktime to an .mp4 H264 file and it crashes in the middle of it.

Now I haven't tried reopening the FCP QT movie in final cut and export it that way but would assume it would crash like trying to export directly from FCP when it crashed.

I'll go back to trying a few more things and see if I get a result. Thanks for inquiring.

Take Care

Lee

Mac OS X (10.4.10)
1.5 GB DDR SDRAM
Dual 2 GHz Processor
Power PC G5
FCP 5.1.4
Black Magic Decklink Extreme
Sony UVW 1800
Motion 2

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

shawn bockovenRe: Problem exporting .mp4 or mpeg4 files from Final Cut and Quicktime
by on Jan 22, 2008 at 8:21:25 pm

Try these two programs

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

http://www.isquint.org/getit.php

How long has it been since you performed any maintenance?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lee BurrowsRe: Problem exporting .mp4 or mpeg4 files from Final Cut and Quicktime
by on Jan 27, 2008 at 5:14:05 pm

Hey Shawn. I wanted to thank you and everyone for your help. I was able to finally get it to work after doing what you suggested by repairing permissions.

Hopefully this isn't only a random thing that works once in awhile. I will check out those programs so thank sfor that info as well.

Cheers

Lee

Mac OS X (10.4.10)
1.5 GB DDR SDRAM
Dual 2 GHz Processor
Power PC G5
FCP 5.1.4
Black Magic Decklink Extreme
Sony UVW 1800
Motion 2

Return to posts index
Reply   Like