Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

how to convert MP3 to FCP friendly import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
kent beesonhow to convert MP3 to FCP friendly import
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 5:06:17 pm

Hello

Buying some MP3 royalty free music and I need to import into FCP Studio 1..what's the best way to do this? Does it have to be converted into aiff or will FCP do it automatically?

Thanks

KB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom WolskyRe: how to convert MP3 to FCP friendly import
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 5:08:32 pm

Yes, it should be converted to AIFF at the correct sample rate. There are bunches of different ways to do this, Compressor, the QT player, iTunes, or using FCP and batch export.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 3.5 HD Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

kent beesonRe: how to convert MP3 to FCP friendly import
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 5:12:40 pm

Thanks for reply...so how would I do this using FCP and export? I need to import into FCP...Would I import the MP3 into FCP browser then what? Or is iTunes easier - if so what's the procedure? I take it I need to make the tracks into 48 aiff not 44?

Thanks KB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom WolskyRe: how to convert MP3 to FCP friendly import
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 5:18:41 pm

To use FCP import the files. Use batch export. Set the destination. Set the export settings and do it.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 3.5 HD Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 8, 2007 at 5:20:18 pm

Danke schone

KB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 8, 2007 at 5:37:59 pm

I just did the conversion and I have a couple of ?'s...when I chose aiff from drop down menu (using batch export) it asked me for a different name which I gave it but it left it as mp3..then the second time I redid this, I typed in .aiff in place of the mp3 file extension and when it was done it came out as aifc(?) It does import into FCP fine, but what's going on with the aifc and why did I have to type in aiff when it should have automatically gave it this file extension?

Thanks

KB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris PoissonRe: how to convert MP3 to FCP friendly import
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 6:06:26 pm

Most of the time QT Pro is what I use, but there's also a really neat little audio app called Switch, which does everything really fast and well.

Have a wonderful day.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 8, 2007 at 6:44:11 pm

Thanks for your workflow - but if I can do it in FCP why would I need/want to do it in any other app be it QT pro or Switch? Is there a quality difference?

KB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris PoissonRe: how to convert MP3 to FCP friendly import
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 8:13:18 pm

Kent,

FCP is an editor. The other tools were designed for manipulating media. It doesn't really matter, except that tying up FCP to convert files is a huge waste of horsepower.

Have a wonderful day.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

randy jRe: how to convert MP3 to FCP friendly import
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 6:29:59 pm

you will have to convert it.
i just use itunes to do it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS