Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

HDV output from FCP 5x to GR-HD50 over firewire

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
john SackeyHDV output from FCP 5x to GR-HD50 over firewire
by on Apr 24, 2007 at 4:42:32 pm

Hi.

I've been looking around the forums but I haven't come across any that cover this. The company I work for has just bought a BR-HD50 to go with their Gr-HD111 camcorder.

We knew about the scene break problems etc but I've just come up against the problem of outputting HDV across Firewire. Since the deck doesn't have any other input apart from Line I'm guessing it must be possible but documentation for FCP 5x and the deck doesn't cover any of the problem.

Can it be done? And how?

Thanks
John

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

zrb123Re: HDV output from FCP 5x to GR-HD50 over firewire
by on Apr 24, 2007 at 5:14:22 pm

You cannot monitor HDV through firewire, this is because gop structure of HDV. Before HDV can go out through fire wire it must be conformed because cuts are made in-between the gop iFrames, new iFrames must be created, these iFrames are created during the conforming.

If you are going to be working in HDV you really should learn as much as you can about the HDV format, it is in many ways a whole world of its own. Check out article in the Oct issue of the Creative Cow Magazine.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

AceRe: HDV output from FCP 5x to GR-HD50 over firewire
by on Apr 24, 2007 at 7:20:16 pm

the MXO may be your savior

SpaceAce

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: HDV output from FCP 5x to GR-HD50 over firewire
by on Apr 25, 2007 at 5:32:01 am

Just to expand on Ace's answer...

The Matrox MXO is the perfect solution for you. While it doesn't output HDV via firewire, it does output it via the DVI connection on your computer.

Here's how it works. It takes a YUV signal, and audio, and timecode information, all via DVI, and sends it to this box. This box, in turn, can output HD SDI, component, composite (or downcovert to SD via all the same options)...AND you can send a DVI signal to an Apple 23" Cinema Display and get broadcast colors. Yes...broadcast color correction on an ACD.

And the new version of the MXO drivers (still in beta, due out in a month) you get a Proc Amp and can load color bars and balance the monitor. Even has a BLUE ONLY option. With this I was also able to get my Dell 2405 monitor balanced for color correction...based on comparisons between the LCDs and my HD CRT.

Shane

Littlefrog Post
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]