Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

DVC PRO Up Res To PAL

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
jeffreyjohnDVC PRO Up Res To PAL
by on Apr 18, 2007 at 11:21:30 pm

I have edited footage that was shot and captured at DVC PRO HD 720p60.

The client has asked for 1080i PAL. Can someone help me with the export settings for this through FCP.

Thanks a lot

Jeff

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

walter biscardiRe: DVC PRO Up Res To PAL
by on Apr 19, 2007 at 2:25:02 am

[jeffreyjohn] "I have edited footage that was shot and captured at DVC PRO HD 720p60.

The client has asked for 1080i PAL. Can someone help me with the export settings for this through FCP."

You can't do this in FCP with export settings. You're making a High Definition Standards Conversion and the only way to do this is through a production shop that has the necessary equipment. I use PostWorks in New York to do this.

You make a 720p/60 DVCPro HD master to tape. Ship it to PostWorks and tell them you need a 1080i/50 conversion to either HDCAM or DVCPro HD, whichever you need. They ship you back the converted tape.

Jeremiah Hawkins is my contact and he's a great guy. They're wonderful folks to work with.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jeffreyjohnRe: DVC PRO Up Res To PAL
by on Apr 19, 2007 at 4:33:48 pm

I figured FCP could not do this. So the Advanced Conversion Settings in Compressor will not do the job? What about the PAL part of the job, can FCP do that conversion?

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]