Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Photoshop question...Need a quick answer please!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
TimPhotoshop question...Need a quick answer please!!!
by on Mar 21, 2007 at 8:33:14 pm

I am importing a single layer photoshop doc into FCP...it is sized to 1280x720 just as the frame size of my hdv video and my sequence.

The problem is that when I apply the "light rays" filter to the logo that is in the .psd doc...it cuts off at a raster that is placed by FCP at the edges of the logo image so that the effect is cut off and does not bleed to the edges of the full video frame like I want it to.

It is probably a simple oversight on my part, but with the .psd sized to the video frame...shouldn't I have all the realestate of the .psd frame...not a raster or work area placed at the edges of the logo?

By the by...I am compositing as "normal"...no alpha or anything.

Thanks all...

Tim Baker
Chameleon Mobile Video Productions
(239)849-3295
"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

TimRe: Photoshop question...Need a quick answer please!!!
by on Mar 21, 2007 at 8:54:52 pm

I think I found a work around or how to make it happen...

I saved it as a .pct with an alpha and it appears to be working the way I want it to.

If anyone has more input...I am all ears...or eyes as the case may be.

Thanks all...Love the Cow!!!

Tim Baker
Chameleon Mobile Video Productions
(239)849-3295
"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

JeremyGRe: Photoshop question...Need a quick answer please!!!
by on Mar 21, 2007 at 8:58:48 pm

Try nesting the PSD file and then apply the glow.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]