Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

how to remove an echo from sound?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
staircarhow to remove an echo from sound?
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 1:16:13 am

Hi there,
I have some sound (dialogue) that had either an echo or reverb effect applied to it, and then it was exported. The original clip was lost, all that I have is the exported sound that has the echo "built in" to it, so I am wondering if one of the audio filters in final cut will be able to remove an echo, or if anyone has any suggestions of how to do that in final cut. Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ThaxRe: how to remove an echo from sound?
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 1:31:19 am

Once that kind of "damage" is applied, I'm afraid you're stuck with it.

Echo/reverb is virtually impossible to remove without destroying the "wanted" audio.

Sorry.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

staircarRe: how to remove an echo from sound?
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 1:34:52 am

Yeah that's what I figured...

thanks for replying though

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

EdRe: how to remove an echo from sound?
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 3:42:19 pm

Reverb and echo are slightly different things. Some sources say echo is a 35ms delay evenly spaced, and reverb is a delay less than
35ms, randomly spaced. An echo will be easier to fix (somewhat). Try using a noise gate filter. Take some room tone from elsewhere in the
audio clip to fill in the newly created dead spots. Hard to make go away entirely, but it will help a lot.
Ed

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Troy WittRe: how to remove an echo from sound?
by on Feb 10, 2009 at 7:37:19 pm

I've read everything and everyone saying that it can't be done, but it can be minimized quite a bit. With all of our digital tech today, can't something "sample" the initial voice and remove traces/harmonics of it like reverb and echo?

I did a shoot where we had to shotgun all of the audio in a concrete ballroom. Location sucked. Thus, our audio sounded like it was all shot in a huge hall... and pretty unintelligible, too. Then, my audio producer mentioned that he had the SAME problem and fixed it by renting the Cedar DNS1000 from Bexel. Sure enough, we rented it and ran all of our timeline through it as a final pass and viola, fixed! Well worth the $100 rental and time.

Troy Witt, President
Take One Productions, Inc.
http://www.TakeOneDigital.com video production & webcasting

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]