Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Conforming HDV

COW Forums : Creative COW Magazine feedback

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
JohnnyVideo_Conforming HDV
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 2:19:17 am

Is there anyway around the conforming of HDV? Everytime I'm trying to do a print to tape with HDV material FCP has to conform the footage. This can take hours! I'm not sending it back out via firewire, I want to send it out component so it really shouldn't need to do this, should it?

thanks,

John

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

walter biscardiRe: Conforming HDV
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 2:43:31 am

[JohnnyVideo_] "Is there anyway around the conforming of HDV? Everytime I'm trying to do a print to tape with HDV material FCP has to conform the footage. This can take hours! I'm not sending it back out via firewire, I want to send it out component so it really shouldn't need to do this, should it?"

Not that I know of, short of getting something like an AJA Kona card. With that card, it will edit to tape normally to another format. But if you're editing in an HDV timeline without a capture card, then yes, from what I understand, this long conform process is normal. This is why I don't edit in the format, I convert everythign to DVCPro HD during capture.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

JohnnyVideo_Re: Conforming HDV
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 2:48:03 am

I was afraid of that. Thanks Walter. Guess I'll have to avoid editing in HDV then.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

zrb123Re: Conforming HDV
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 6:49:20 am

there was a good artical in the last issue of the creative cow magazine all about HDV check it out.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Uli PlankRe: Conforming HDV
by on Nov 11, 2006 at 6:50:43 am

Yes, avoid working in HDV! I's a remarkable aquisition format for the price, but it's a ressource hog in post.

Walter's workflow is a very good solution. You can do it in software, but it's much easier for day to day work when done in realtime with a proper I/O card.

Regards,

Uli

Author of "DVDs gestalten und produzieren", a book on professional DVD-authoring in German.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]