Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

compressor to iDVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Richard Blakesleecompressor to iDVD
by on May 18, 2005 at 7:42:24 pm

It seems like I've read these threads a million times. I still can't get iDVD to import my finished movie from Compressor. I'm using, MPEG-2 60mm High Quality encode widescreen. I've folowed the threads info and have the preset set up right. I get the movie and the soundtrack. Looks and sounds great. (a MiniDV 5 min show in 16:9 rendered out at 8 bit, export qtmovie, 720x480 NTSC DV (3:2), pixel aspect NTSC- CCIR601/DV anamorphic 6:9 checked, fileld dominance lower, editing time base 29.97, compressor-uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2. I save as self-contained unclicked--drag to Compressor)

Try to import in Compressor--nothing. or 'Unsupported File Type, Invalid Video'

I can drag the 'un-selfcontained' FCP movie to Compressor and it works great. Only the movie is 6.27gigs--so I thought I should use Compressor. I'm guessing that I need better software then iDVD. DVD Studio Pro--but that's over $400. and I only do a few DVDs a year.

Can one import movies that have been compressed with Compressor into iDVD?

Thanks,

Richard

G4, dual 1gig, 10.2.8, 1 gig RAM, FCP 4.1, Compressor 1.1

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff CarpenterRe: compressor to iDVD
by on May 18, 2005 at 8:47:02 pm

Don't use Compressor at all. iDVD does that for you.

Just save your movie as a Quick Time movie and drag that into iDVD. (Check the iDVD preference settings first to make sure it will compress it the way you want before you drag it in.)

I'm fairly certain that you can simply "Export" as a QT movie with "Make Self-Contained" UN-checked and that will work. (If it doesn't, use the "Quick Time Exporter" to make a file. That's not as good, though, so try the other way first.)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]