Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Cinema Tools crash at startup on Mountain Lion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Radim PalusCinema Tools crash at startup on Mountain Lion
by on Jan 17, 2013 at 10:48:28 am

Hi,

today it is the first time I had the need to use Cinema Tools after upgrading to Mountain Lion and surprisingly it crashes before starting up.

I found some advices to install "ProApplicationsUpdate2010-02", which my Mac doesn't allow me, or to copy CinemaTools from a Lion installation. I went straight from 10.6.8 to 10.8.2, so I have only a 10.6.8 installation which also crashes.

Have anyone solved this issue?

Best Regards!

Radim

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Cinema Tools crash at startup on Mountain Lion
by on Jan 18, 2013 at 12:12:36 am

Was this a clean OS and reinstall of FCS?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ben WhartonRe: Cinema Tools crash at startup on Mountain Lion
by on Jan 18, 2013 at 10:50:31 am

As far as I'm aware CinemaTools is dead under Lion / Mountain Lion.

So if it's a part of your workflow, you're only hope is Snow Leopard and if that will run on your hardware. SL does not have some of the drivers for the latest Mac hardware. 10.6.8 was the only version which would run on the first run of pre-installed Lion Macs (with a few button issues on Laptops).

Good luck.

Ben

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Neil PatienceRe: Cinema Tools crash at startup on Mountain Lion
by on Jan 18, 2013 at 9:10:07 pm

I have Cinema Tools running quite happily under Lion 10.7.5
Cant really offer advice on the crashing under ML but certainly seems to work on this OS

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Radim PalusRe: Cinema Tools crash at startup on Mountain Lion
by on Jan 18, 2013 at 1:39:47 pm

Hi Michael,

I made a clean OS install and than migrated the apps and documents, so now I'm thinking of reinstalling Final Cut Studio. Originally I was happy that it runs and I didn't want to take the risk of reinstalling it as it was working - except Cinema Tools. I have a backup so I will try to reinstall FCS and will see what happens.

Radim

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Cinema Tools crash at startup on Mountain Lion
by on Jan 19, 2013 at 1:38:25 am

FCP needs to be a clean install on a clean OS install. Anything else is likely to give problems. This forum has had hundreds of posts over the years pointing out the problem with installs over or migration which never seems to be robust or problem free.

The other thing is that after a clean install of OS and FCP it pays to run permissions repairs. In fact after any software install it is a good idea to repair permissions just in case something gets a bit haywire.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]