Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Importing XML errors

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
tjoeme snamedraabImporting XML errors
by on Nov 9, 2012 at 5:56:14 pm

Hi

I have color corrected my video in Color.
Now im done and trying to 'send to final cut pro'
Wich is basically sending a xml file to FCP I think.
The problem is that it will open FCP but it wont actually import the color corrected sequence. It doesnt do anything, not even give me an error or something. It just stops at about 49 percent.

So I tried exporting my color sequence to XML and importing that file in FCP. This is where everything goes wrong. It doesnt just stop at about 49 percent, it gives me the following error:

ERROR: Critical errors aborted the processing of an XML document.
Would you like to see a log of those errors now?

I click on 'yes' and it shows the following log:

I have already tried it on a different computer with the same software installed

I have also trashed the prefs wich didnt help at all.

Im sure it used to work because I have used Color before and the sending to FCP worked fine (same system set up and FCP version)

specs:

I run final cut studio 2
so thats fcp 6.0.6 and color 1.0.4 (however I suspect it to be a fcp problem because it doesnt import xml files at all)

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Mac pro 4,1
Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2,93 ghz
16 gb RAM

Thanks very much in advance!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph OwensRe: Importing XML errors
by on Nov 9, 2012 at 6:51:27 pm

Not completlely sure of your step-by-step procedure here, but do understand that COLOR by itself cannot generate an original XML file, it only modifies the one sent from FCP, which was created on the "Send to Color" command.
If the roundtrip XML is failing, it may be due to a corrupt operation that was either exported from FCP which COLOR tolerated but cannot return, or you attempted to edit the COLOR timeline, which is extremely risky.

If you created a new COLOR project with no associated FCP XML, that roundtrip workflow does not exist.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

tjoeme snamedraabRe: Importing XML errors
by on Nov 9, 2012 at 7:30:27 pm

Hi, thanks for the info on color not generating the XML itself.

To check wether FCP or Color is the problem I tried exporting a xml file from FCP and then importing it.
It doesnt work, neither does it work in other projects.
I think this would indicate that it is a FCP problem and has nothing to do with Color.

I didnt edit in the color sequence I just color corrected it.

Do you (or somebody else) know of any solution to fix the FCP XML exporting/importing bug?

Thanks alot for the usefull comment Joseph :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]