Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Log and transfer AVCHD to Apple Proress 422 (HQ)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Isaac IngerLog and transfer AVCHD to Apple Proress 422 (HQ)
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 6:19:40 am

Hi everyone!

I have a problem when I'm using log and transfer in FCP 7.
I want to log and transfer AVCHD material to Apple Proress (HQ) and before I start my log and transfer I go to preferences in log and transfer. I put in that I want the target format to be Apple Proress 422 (HQ) and then I start the progress. However when I'm done I go to the clip that I loged and transfered and look under item properties and format. When I'm there I see that the compressor DVCPRO HD 1080i50.
Why dosen't this get loged and transfered to Apple Proress 422 (HQ)?

Sorry for my bad english, I hope that you understnad my problem and could help me!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: Log and transfer AVCHD to Apple Proress 422 (HQ)
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 8:19:37 am

What camera did you shoot the footage with? Are you SURE it's AVCHD...because it sounds like it might be P2.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Isaac IngerRe: Log and transfer AVCHD to Apple Proress 422 (HQ)
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 8:24:17 am

I did not actually shoot the material myself. However I know it was an panasonic camera. However I put Apple Proress (HQ) in all of the preferences in log and transfer.
I'm quite new to the log and transfer so obviously I've made some kind of beginners mistake.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 30, 2012 at 8:27:04 am

The folder...does it have CONTENTS, and then CLIP, VIDEO, AUDIO, PROXY and a couple other folders? If so, it's P2. And P2 can either be DVCPRO HD or AVCIntra. DVCPRO HD only comes in as DVCRO HD...you cannot convert it to ProRes. But DVCPRO HD is a very good codec, easy to edit...and when you import it you are bringing the footage in full quality...it's re-wrapping the original format (MXF) into Quicktime.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Isaac IngerRe: Log and transfer AVCHD to Apple Proress 422 (HQ)
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 8:33:09 am

Aha! Thank you very much!
However I'm still wondering because the production is shoot with three diffrent cameras, one DSLR, one A-CAM and one panasonic.
The DSLR and A-CAM material I can convert to Proress 422 and the main editor for the production wants everything to be in Proress 422 however is it possible to edit everything with the panasonic material to on the same timeline?

Many thanks Shane!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 30, 2012 at 3:25:45 pm

Edit everything on a ProRes timeline and you'll be fine

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy