Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

final cut 7 not saving audio level edits

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
irene litapopfinal cut 7 not saving audio level edits
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 9:16:34 pm

Final cut is driving me batty with a problem I have never seen before. I have a long, 95 minute timeline of a film... it's a fairly complex project with up to 10 audio tracks and many level changes and audio keyframes. Starting a few days ago, I've been noticing that I have to make the same edits over and over again, because they appear to magically undone when I come back to Final Cut. At first I thought I was just imagining things (maybe I hadn't actually changed a level and thought I had?), but now I am 100% sure this is happening, and it's happening in the same spots over and over again... I change the audio level / panning / keyframe, and when I come back to the same spot my changes are gone. Any ideas? I'm on OS 10.6.8, FCP 7.0.3 - I've never had this problem before, and have had this same set-up for months - the upgrade to OS 10.6.8 happened last spring.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: final cut 7 not saving audio level edits
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 9:29:39 pm

Go to the Render Manager. Delete all the audio render files for this project and start over adjusting audio, if necessary. Chances are good it won't be necessary.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

irene litapopRe: final cut 7 not saving audio level edits
by on Oct 26, 2012 at 8:30:50 pm

I've tried this suggestion - thank you but the problem is still happening. Always in the same few spots in my film. I change the levels to fix them, and when I come back to FCP the next day, my changes are gone. I am not having issues with other kinds of edits not getting saved... picture cuts and added clips are all there, but the audio level edits are magically erased by elves every time I sit down to edit. It's getting maddening. Other ideas?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gina Monkaey DeBartoloRe: final cut 7 not saving audio level edits
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 10:44:13 pm

Irene, did you ever get this problem resolved? I am experiencing the same thing and it's driving me nuts. And it's also inconsistent! Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I've compressed my project for upload to the web 3 times now, and it happens then too- even if it seemed fine before compressing, I'll play back the Quicktime file and the levels are all over the place.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]