Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Audio drift from the C300

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Max PastorAudio drift from the C300
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 7:20:44 pm

I have a music video shot on the C300, at true 24fps, 48khz and 16 bit integer. The song was played back over the P.A.
I got the music track, which was 48khz and 24 bit integer which I brought down to 16 to edit, but I simply can't keep the audio from drifting.

I've tried everything I can think of, pulling the audio up and down and the video up and down, but after about 3 minutes, the camera audio and the music track from the C300 start to drift.

I'm simply out of ideas. If anyone could give me a suggestion, or a direction to go in, that would be great.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: Audio drift from the C300
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 11:22:33 pm

Can I ask why you shot 24fps straight, opposed to 23.98?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Audio drift from the C300
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 11:42:52 pm

External audio drifting in FCP deserves its own forum. Firstly sort out your shoot/edit frame rate issues then read Matt Lyons tutorial on importing and fixing audio assets. Just search for Matt under tutorials or just search this forum for sync as it has been covered many times.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Max PastorRe: Audio drift from the C300
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 11:47:35 pm

Wasn't my decision. I suggested shooting 23.98 because this footage will never see film.
I read this forum a lot, and by the way, thanks for all the help over the years Shane. A post or two of yours has saved my butt more than once.

@ Michael.

Thanks. We ended up converting it to a .wav file and rewriting the header to 24fps and it worked.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Max PastorRe: Audio drift from the C300
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 11:50:49 pm

Also, the setting to switch the C300 to TRUE 24 is in the root menu, whereas 23.98 is a few menus deeper. I get the feeling they saw that first and used it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: Audio drift from the C300
by on Sep 2, 2012 at 3:04:20 am

Yeah, I think is the "Matt Lyons Effect";
http://library.creativecow.net/lyon_matt/fixing-fcp-assets/1
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook