Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Picture pixilating in canvas, but not viewer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Stu GilbertPicture pixilating in canvas, but not viewer
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 6:14:27 pm

Hey, I'm running into a problem.... in putting together a Ken Burns effect, I have to start from a very specific point and "zoom" very far out.... the photo is high quality, so I dont think that is the issue, but when I frame it how I want it to start, the viewer shows that it should be fine, but the canvas shows it pixilated and nasty. Since I dont have any other monitors to test it on, which should I assume is recreating the image the way it will be seen when burned to disc or screened?

I'll attempt to post a screenshot in case my description isnt making much sense...

thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve EisenRe: Picture pixilating in canvas, but not viewer
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 7:24:47 pm

It makes sense. What you are seeing is normal behavior for your set up. Unless you properly monitor, you will not see what it actually looks like. It's like driving down the road with Vaseline smeared on your windshield.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stu GilbertRe: Picture pixilating in canvas, but not viewer
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 7:29:01 pm

So, in theory, I shouldnt be too concerned about it, as long as the viewer shows that it's still a decent image at that size?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve EisenRe: Picture pixilating in canvas, but not viewer
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 8:45:50 pm

If you really want to see the true output, you must monitor it properly. The only way you can find out if the quality is good is to do an export and and look at the final delivery.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Picture pixilating in canvas, but not viewer
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 10:30:22 pm

If it looks pixelated before rendering then rendering will help. If it looks pixelated after render, then my guess is you are using a DV codec sequence.

To get best quality you should be using a ProRes sequence and render settings on best quality. After getting that right you can set your canvas to 100% to get a better idea of resolution quality. An external monitor is best but at 100% the canvas will be more accurate than when it scales.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bret WilliamsRe: Picture pixilating in canvas, but not viewer
by on Sep 2, 2012 at 3:25:08 am

My guess is it's an unrendered jpeg. All jpegs have to be rendered, and they often look like that before rendering. Even if it shows a full green effect, gotta render.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]