Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Template sequences and swapping clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ollie JacobsenTemplate sequences and swapping clips?
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 7:40:06 am

Hi some expert advice needed please!

I'm making a few Point of Sale videos and what I want to do is make 1 template of a video and apply animation's, zooms transitions etc to the clips, but then once its approved I want to be able to duplicate and rename the sequence and then swap the clips I used with different clips but still have the same animations etc happen without having to redo them all. I've used the reconnect media before to do this with only 2 sequences but this project is going to have about 20 different products and I don't want to have 20 different final cut files to do this... or is that the only way?

Cheers if you can help me! :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve EisenRe: Template sequences and swapping clips?
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 12:35:15 pm

Use the replace option. The instructions are in the FCP manual.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ollie JacobsenRe: Template sequences and swapping clips?
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 1:16:18 pm

I looked at that but I think it just replaces the clips spot in the timeline - Or does it retain all my animation time line edits to the new clip?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: Template sequences and swapping clips?
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 1:47:25 pm

[Ollie Jacobsen] "I looked at that but I think it just replaces the clips spot in the timeline - Or does it retain all my animation time line edits to the new clip?"
That should replace the media keeping the rest of the attributes of the clip; Basic motion, crop, distortion, speed..
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]