Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Quicktime export distorted when uploading to Vimeo & YouTube

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Elissa BogosQuicktime export distorted when uploading to Vimeo & YouTube
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 9:02:48 am

Hi all,

I am having issues uploading my FCP quicktime exported short videos to both Vimeo and YouTube. I initially thought it was an issue w/ Vimeo's encoding, since it's the first time I've had the problem and numerous other people were complaining of issues. But I just tried it with YouTube with the same results.
The exported video, when opened with Quicktime on my computer, plays normally. However as soon it's uploaded online, it gets seriously distorted.

Here is an example of what happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgEPHtXHn5M&feature=youtu.be

I've uploaded countless times to Vimeo without issue.
Could there be something wrong w/ the export process? or perhaps it's the choppy internet connection? Although it's always been not so good here so I'm not sure why it would affect it now.
I'm so confused! The footage in this video is all NTSC, 30p shot w/ the 5D MKII and two shots from the XF100 (also NTSC).

Life is worth living.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Elissa BogosRe: Quicktime export distorted when uploading to Vimeo & YouTube
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 5:31:53 pm

Hi again! I'm bumping this just to ask if anyone might be able to help?

Life is worth living.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joe Barta IVRe: Quicktime export distorted when uploading to Vimeo & YouTube
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 6:18:15 pm

Here are the settings I use preparing a video for Vimeo and have had great results;

Format MP4
Frame size - same as source
Frame Rate - same as source
Field Order - Progressive
Variable Bite Rate (VBR) 1 Pass
Target Bit Rate - 4Mbps
Max Bit Rate - 5Mbps
Audio - ACC
48khz
Bit Rate - 256

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Elissa BogosRe: Quicktime export distorted when uploading to Vimeo & YouTube
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 6:20:22 pm

Thank you, Joe, for your response! I really appreciate it.

The issue for me is that I've used these same settings before (following Vimeo's compression guidelines, which suggest H264 codec and other details) countless times with no issue. Only now is the video becoming distorted/completely choppy/weird colors and with chunks of it suddenly missing.
I read that Vimeo does not like Apple Pro Res codecs, however I've used these all the time before without any issue?

Life is worth living.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joe Barta IVRe: Quicktime export distorted when uploading to Vimeo & YouTube
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 6:25:43 pm

I use Adobe Media Encoder, with the setting listed before, to process for Vimeo. I don't think it is doing anything special to make it work right. Try Vimeo's Tech Support and have them evaluate one of your videos. See if they can track down the problem.

Good Luck!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]