Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Choosing a new machine...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sascha EngelChoosing a new machine...
by on Aug 14, 2012 at 7:25:03 pm

Hi Everybody,

I hope, I am right here, since I work mostly with FCP, it seemed the forum most to fit:
My work load became far to heavy for my MacBook Pro, so I intend to upgrade.
Now, I do live in Israel, which makes Mac very expansive, but I am not exactly a PC friend.
I work with FCP, COLOR, AE, sometimes Motion, Moca and some other editing related softwares.
Now, i could invest in a big MacPro 12Core, which will force a heavy loan on me, but I was wondering, if a 3,1Ghz i7 iMac with a 32GB RAM will also fit those needs.
I think, I can connect a Broadcast monitor also to the iMac via a Matrox Box for example.
And what is with the here often praised Hackintosh's - I heard they often work faster than real Macs.
Anybody has experience with FCP & AE work on iMac?

Thanx for any advice and experience share.

Greetings,

Sascha

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew RendellRe: Choosing a new machine...
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 6:54:58 am

I haven't used AE on one but FCP runs very well on an iMac.

TBH, in a business situation the power and expandability of a tower (Mac Pro) is good to have, but the iMacs are great value if you're careful about what peripherals you intend to plug into it.

Never used a hackintosh so no real opinion myself. In the UK you've either had to build it yourself (I've built a couple of PC's for myself over the years but I'm not really inclined to spend the time and effort on it TBH) or buy one ready made and the ready made ones over here are/were not much cheaper than just getting the Apple one.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sascha EngelRe: Choosing a new machine...
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 7:45:10 am

Thanx for your input. You know anything about the MacPro Line in the future?
Right now the iMac is a strong beast, unless they would create a serious upgrade for the MacPro.
Is there anything coming in the near future?

Sascha

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]