Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

FCP Version 6.0.0 Log and Capture Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
James DowFCP Version 6.0.0 Log and Capture Issues
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 3:23:17 pm

Ok...the project from hell that requires me to go back through 8 years of Mini DV tapes...Dropped frames...abort of Log and Capture...I've unchecked the "abort" boxes in the A/V setup area...any other things to check? At this rate, this is gonna take a long, long time.

Suggestions???

Thanks in advance,
James Dow

JPD

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: FCP Version 6.0.0 Log and Capture Issues
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:49:47 pm

The .0.0 versions of apps are very rarely stable. Use the SYSTEM UPDATE to update FCP (called the ProApps update) to the latest version, which I believe is 6.0.8.

But also, what sort of drive are you capturing to? How is it connected? Is it at least 7200RPM (many drives are 5400 RPM)?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

James DowRe: FCP Version 6.0.0 Log and Capture Issues
by on Aug 10, 2012 at 8:53:34 pm

It seems ok now...trashed preferences..restarted....to answer your question, Shane, I was capturing to a Seagate "go-Flex" drive, via USB 3.0, just to make files out of the old Mini DV tapes...I will be editing the files next week.

I believe the G-Flex is 7200RPMs.

Thanks,
James

JPD

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]