Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

problem incongruence sync between playback/pause

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Riccardo Guidariniproblem incongruence sync between playback/pause
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 3:40:59 am

Hi everybody

I'm Italian, sorry for my english.

I've a big problem with fc pro: I have the audio track and the video track, recorded from two different devices, imported in my project, then synced in my timeline. All is good when I watch playback. But when I press pause the video is not sync anymore. Worse: at the beginning of the clips. both audio and video are synced, but going on the video go little by little away from the "right point" till the end, where is many seconds out of sync. I repeat, I see all this only when the timeline is paused, but the playback is ok at every point. The export confirm that thing, making me see the video going out of sync graduately. I encountered this problem again and I fixed it enlarging the size of the clip from 100% to 100,01%, so it lose the render, and after rendering all works, but in that case the out of sync was constant. How can I fix something that lose sync graduately??!!

Maybe it can help you to give me an answer:

I use a macbook pro OSX 10.7.4 8 GB RAM, 1 GB videoboard

My software version is fc pro 7.0, never update (I'm a donkey, but I'm afraid that with some updates I will lose my copy of the software, cause I've not "exactly" bought it)

The Video clip format is (copied from fc browser): mp4, 1920x1080, 25 fps, compressor H264, data rate 2,1 MB/sec. (Originally it was a sony .MTS HD format, converted into the format above using "Aimersoft Video Converter"

The Audio clip format is: DAT RATE 187,5 K/sec; AUD RATE 48,0 KHz; AUD FORMAT 16 bit-integer.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Riccardo GuidariniRe: problem incongruence sync between playback/pause
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 3:55:11 am

ah, sorry, the audio format is wave

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:28:37 am

Ehm...

ok, I fixed it... I re-convert the mp4, again in mp4, using the same settings and the same converter... and now magically works....

no words...

Anyway if someone could explain to me why this gradual de-sync happens I really appreciate...

Thank you

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: problem incongruence sync between playback/pause
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:36:58 am

mp4 or H264 are not editing codecs. Convert in Compressor to ProRes 422

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 8, 2012 at 5:01:56 am

I need all the basics of compressor... never learn to use it...

can you indicate to me a good tutorial... or some basic instructions maybe?

for example, did compressor read .mts files (sony Handycam HD)? that was the source format

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: problem incongruence sync between playback/pause
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 7:16:44 am

.MTS files? From an AVCHD camera? You need to use Log and Transfer to convert the footage. I have a tutorial:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 8, 2012 at 10:39:19 am

thank you so musch Shane :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>