Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Which OSX version suits best for me? Tips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rodrigo SilvestriWhich OSX version suits best for me? Tips?
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 2:21:49 am

Hi.
I work in a post production company in Argentina and we are getting a brand new Mac Pro in the next days.

All of our current Mac Pros and iMacs have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and some have Lion 10.7.2.
The ones with Lion are having some problems (stability, bugs, etc) and we would like to stick with 10.6.8 because it seems to be the best for now.
The problem is that we want to run Resolve and use a GTX570, so we need Lion at least, and as this one will be the most important machine in the place we need it to be as bugfree as possible.

Other softwares that will be in use in the machine are Scratch, SpeedGrade, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, After Effects...

So I would appreciate tips and recommendation of which version of OSX to use, plus any tools that help with the issues, disabling annoying system settings, etc.

Thanks a lot,
Rodrigo.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Which OSX version suits best for me? Tips?
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 3:23:41 am

Which version of FCP? If it is anything before FCPX I recommend you dual partition or have dual boot drive with SL and FCP7 on one partition and not upgrade that one. Just leave it legacy and working.

The other drive/partition should be kept up to date with Lion & soon ML to match Resolve & CS6 as they develop. Trying to keep new OS & software running with FCP Legacy will cause problems eventually.

Also if you are running cards like Decklink, Kona, Matrox etc, their drivers will need to be left for FCP7 but updated for other software & OS updates so another reason to run dual booting.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]