Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Merged Clips in FCP not reconnecting properly

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Joanne CheongMerged Clips in FCP not reconnecting properly
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 1:26:14 am

Hi all,

I'm having some issues reconnecting some merged clips. When reconnecting the following msg pops up:

Some of the attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original. These may cause problems within the sequences dependent on them. The attributes that differed are as follows:

- Media Start and End.

Seems like 95% of the other merged clips in my project reconnect just fine but about 5% aren't reconnecting right and the problem occurs quite randomly.

Any ideas of what may be the problem and how I can fix it?

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jessica MuthRe: Merged Clips in FCP not reconnecting properly
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 12:34:40 pm

Here are two things I would suggest trying:

1. Trash your preferences.
2. Reimport the assets that aren't reconnecting into your project. From there, select that asset on your time. Then take the newly imported version of that asset and REPLACE it. You'll have two of everything; however, it should just fix it, although you just can reconnect.

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nick MeyersRe: Merged Clips in FCP not reconnecting properly
by on Aug 5, 2012 at 2:07:41 am

- Media Start and End.

you can get this warning on reconecting with AUDIO that may not be the correct sample rate.
it is generally not a problem.

what happens when you do reconnect?
i would save the project, attempt the reconnect, then revert to saved if there are problems,
or work in a copy of the project.

nick

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]