Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

FCP 7.0.3 export problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
David LewisFCP 7.0.3 export problem
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:23:15 pm

Having problems exporting 90-minute doc through "share" or compressor. Audio is fine; export fails in making mpeg 2, sometimes as long as 45 minutes into the encoding. I get a QT error 0 message.

This is not a new problem, and i have successfully employed the workaround of exporting self-contained QT and putting that through Compressor. BUT....I would rather not have corrupted files in my timeline, if that is indeed the issue. This project has a lot of still photos and archival video from many different sources and I want a fully functional timeline as we head into post production. Last time this happened on this project, we used Digital Rebellion corrupt clip finder to identify problem files, and that did the trick. This time around, it doesn't find any such files in the timeline.

So, I've decided I must run exports on the timeline in chunks to try to narrow down the problem to one scene, and then narrow it down within that scene to find the problem clip. Very time consuming.

Questions:

Does this sound like it will work?
Is there a more efficient way to do figure out what the problem is?

Thanks in advance, COW community!

Regards,
David

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon; 8 GB DDR3; OS X Lion 10.7.4; FCS3.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rainer WirthRe: FCP 7.0.3 export problem
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 3:31:18 pm

I would use episode to do the job.

Rainer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David LewisRe: FCP 7.0.3 export problem
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 3:49:28 pm

hmmmm not familiar with it but it looks like an encoding program. does it have a function to indentify bad clips?

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core INtel Xeon; OS X Lion 10.7.4; FCS 3.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rainer WirthRe: FCP 7.0.3 export problem
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 4:10:28 pm

It is the best encoding program we work with. I don't know about bad clips. If Digital rebellion can't repair them, I don't know. Through digital rebellion you can also repair Compressor. Perhaps your clips aren't bad and it is just Compressor.
i would make a mov in the original codec you work with and then go with episode.

good luck

Rainer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: FCP 7.0.3 export problem
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 12:13:38 pm

[David Lewis] "So, I've decided I must run exports on the timeline in chunks to try to narrow down the problem to one scene, and then narrow it down within that scene to find the problem clip. Very time consuming.

Questions:

Does this sound like it will work?"

That is the traditional method to search corrupted files and works great, but instead of exporting by chunks, try just rendering the time-line by chunks (then you should be able to exporting the whole movie at once).
If you are able to render the full time-line, that means that there are not files corruption issues and the problem is somewhere else.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 1, 2012 at 3:08:53 pm

thanks rafael. it has been fully rendered, but i can't think of what else the problem might be or how to go about figuring it out. any thoughts?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: FCP 7.0.3 export problem
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 10:22:32 pm

David,
When FC starts to make glitches without any apparent reason is time for a bit of maintennance.
I would start by repairing permissions,if that doesn´t helps, then trashing FC preferences, and if the issue still doesn´t get fixed, I would run DiskWarrior.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 1, 2012 at 11:51:21 pm

yeah i've come to the same conclusion. did permissions a few days ago, and that didn't work. ran test exports on several small sections of the sequence today to try to identify problem clips, and the results made no sense. some failed immediately on start and then ran all the way through when i clicked "submit" again! tommorow will be time to do a full reinstall. i will be back if that doesn't work. thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 2, 2012 at 6:18:25 pm

well, did the full reinstall, still won't export to mpeg 2 via compressor. frustrated and at a loss for what to do next. apple, of course, will provide no support.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 2, 2012 at 6:37:33 pm

here is what the error log looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]