Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

3 person shoot - best set up?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
christina rule3 person shoot - best set up?
by on Jul 16, 2012 at 6:41:07 pm

Hi,
I have a shoot I'm helping a friend with and it will be a 3 person shoot. Basically 3 people talking about a product they just created. I looking for some ideas for setting up the scene. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.christinarule.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: 3 person shoot - best set up?
by on Jul 16, 2012 at 6:54:20 pm

The most important thing: make sure the horizontal & vertical resolution plus frame rate of all the cameras match. A secondary consideration would be matching all the camera codecs.

How is the sound being recorded? It's important, too.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

christina ruleRe: 3 person shoot - best set up?
by on Jul 16, 2012 at 7:06:43 pm

I believe we have lavalier and will be using a mixer. I will double check with my partner though. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond :).

Do you have any recommendations of the scene set up? I'm trying to find somewhere to look for good ideas.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: 3 person shoot - best set up?
by on Jul 16, 2012 at 7:12:47 pm

Um, I guess I should have been a litter clearer: on what kind of device will the audio be recorded?

A camera on a cover shot?

A standalone digital audio recorder, some of which also can be assigned a frame rate and also should match the video frame rate?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve EisenRe: 3 person shoot - best set up?
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 3:16:12 am

There are many different ways to shoot a scene. Google search multi camera setup and study the different examples.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: 3 person shoot - best set up?
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:02:50 pm

How many cameras do you have available toshoot the three people? You would want at least 2, one for a wide ahot and one to get single cut-aways and 2-shots.

If you have 2 cameras, place them side-by side, leave one wide, use the other for close-ups.

If you have three cameras, leave the middle one wide, and use two cameras, each shooting acrosds to the opposite end in an "x", to get singles and 2-shots.

One lav mic is not enough; all three people must have individual mics.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason ColemanRe: 3 person shoot - best set up?
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 4:38:02 pm

with this in mind you need to determine your output for your video. Is it broadcast or just for Youtube. If just for youtube you can pull off lower resolution cut aways. Shoot in the highest res possible and then just crop into your one shot or two shot angles. then output at a lower resolution. It actually works really well. There are tuts on it on Youtube. do a search for one camera multicam shoot and you will find it.

Jason R. Coleman
Owner/President
Extreme Measures Creative
http://www.extrememeasurescreative.com
info@extrememeasurescreative.com
615-331-5649 office
615-828-7125 mobile

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

christina ruleRe: 3 person shoot - best set up?
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 6:39:53 pm

Thanks for your response! We have 2 mics at this point and I'm arranging to borrow another from a friend. We have 2 cameras. The video will stickily be used for online viewing. I'm just trying to determine the best way to have the talent arranged. I think having them sit down might look more relaxed and give off a more "inviting" feel. It's not really an interview type of thing rather it's them all talking about a new training product they're releasing. Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]