Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Long Render (Timecode Window)...Any Short cuts??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rory KeenanLong Render (Timecode Window)...Any Short cuts??
by on Jul 7, 2012 at 11:38:27 pm

I've got a feature length Documentary (1:24hrs)

I need to export a full length version of the film with a burned-in timecode window for the music composer.

I've got this set up. The problem is FinalCut wants to render the whole 1:24hrs with timecode & render all the effects.
This is about a 3 hour render.

Are there any shortcuts to adding a timecode window without having a gigantic render time?
Or do I just need to let the render sit overnight and do the export the next day?

(I'm working on a Mac 2 x 3GHz Quad-core Intel Xenon)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott SheriffRe: Long Render (Timecode Window)...Any Short cuts??
by on Jul 8, 2012 at 3:03:59 am

You didn't say what format you need the window burn in.
But, you could export the timeline to a QT file, drop that into Compressor and use the TC generator in Compressor. And then if you have the Quick Clusters enabled so you are using all your cores, then it should be faster.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]