Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Unusual Workflow Requirement - Media Manage Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Leah AttardUnusual Workflow Requirement - Media Manage Export
by on May 29, 2012 at 5:12:35 pm

Hi I'm trying to achieve something I haven't attempted before in FCP6 (I have access for FCP7 too).
When I finish my edit I want to export all media from the timeline as individually synced events or clips with video and audio combined.

I know I can manually export each video and audio clip separately to create single events.
What I want to know is if I can 'batch export' the project outputting individual events.
Is it possible to use the media manager to do this and gang or group video and audio in order to have them linked as a single export.

Can't seem to crack this one.

Don't Cry Yet

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: Unusual Workflow Requirement - Media Manage Export
by on May 29, 2012 at 6:25:31 pm

You mean you have audio that was separate from video orginally? Second system audio that was synched to video in FCP? And now you want to media manage it so that you have individual files that are the audio and video that has been synched...as a single QT file?

No way to automatically do this. This is something you'd have to do manually. That would be a LOT of work. FCP can media manage all the elements, but the video files and the separate audio would appear as separate elements in the media managed folder. They would still be synched in the project file. But the actual media would be separate.

That's something you need to do manually...as I said. And if you want handles? AND it to link up to the cut? Yeah, that's a lot of work.

Why do you need to do this? What's wrong with it split the way it is?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Leah AttardRe: Unusual Workflow Requirement - Media Manage Export
by on May 29, 2012 at 11:43:50 pm

Thanks for this. I suspected as much. I'm working on a project that requires me to export the synced events referenced to an XML project export so that the XML can drive seperate channels of projections.
Not the traditional single output /:-/

Don't Cry Yet

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]