Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Multicam Clips Have No Audio On Export from FInal Cut Pro X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Garth LeachMulticam Clips Have No Audio On Export from FInal Cut Pro X
by on May 14, 2012 at 2:53:22 pm

I am using several multicam clips in a project. I am only using two channels of audio from one camera source, and then just switching the video angle. In the timeline editor I can hear the audio without issue. When I export the video the multicam clip portions of my video have no audio. Any thoughts? I searched forums but didn't find this specific issue.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Pratul gaikwadRe: Multicam Clips Have No Audio On Export from FInal Cut Pro X
by on May 15, 2012 at 5:27:53 pm

add edits in audio to the every switch in the video angle and then export.
this is just a work around i am suggesting, see if it helps

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Garth LeachRe: Multicam Clips Have No Audio On Export from FInal Cut Pro X
by on May 15, 2012 at 5:52:20 pm

Thanks Pratul. What I ended up doing was exporting to ProRes 422 and it worked and then I compressed it further for streaming. I have no idea why that mattered, but it did.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Benjamin CoppockRe: Multicam Clips Have No Audio On Export from FInal Cut Pro X
by on May 23, 2012 at 3:19:30 am

Garth, did you end up figuring anything more out about this? I'm having the same issue.

Seems to work fine when I "send to compressor" but I'm not familiar enough with Compressor to know how to create a DVD image with it (not sure it's actually possible).

For now I'll try exporting to ProRes 422, creating a new project, and then burning to DVD...kind of annoying.

Let me know if you figured it out. Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David BurchRe: Multicam Clips Have No Audio On Export from FInal Cut Pro X
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 7:54:06 am

This was a bug in version 10.0.4. In my experience it happened mostly when I used Compressor. It appears to have been fixed in 10.0.5, at least for me. I was having the exact same issue, but could work around it by exporting directly from FCP to an audio file, and skipping Compressor (unless Compressor had already tried to export the same format, in which case I had to pick a different format).

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]