Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

reconnecting media to a cloned drive in FCP7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Zelda Greensteinreconnecting media to a cloned drive in FCP7?
by on May 2, 2012 at 1:09:47 am

I recently cloned an external drive I've been working from on to an internal drive. I now want to continue working on the FCP7 project off of the internal drive. What is the easiest way to have the project connect to the media in the new location?
thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: reconnecting media to a cloned drive in FCP7?
by on May 2, 2012 at 3:59:00 am

Disconnect the original drive. Launch FCP. If it connects, then great (FCP 7.0.3 seems to do this a lot for me lately). If not, when it asks "hey, where is this clip?" Point it to that clip...or tell it to search only on the new drive you cloned it to...and let it have at it.

Have you tried this yet?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: reconnecting media to a cloned drive in FCP7?
by on May 2, 2012 at 4:11:19 am

When planning for this you could have used Media Manager to copy the media and project over to the new drive. That way all the clip connections would have been done automatically.

But as Shane says, you should just be able to unplug the external and reconnect.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]