Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

HDV - Compressor export problem - 16:9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Etienne LebacqHDV - Compressor export problem - 16:9
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 11:47:26 am

Hi there,
got a big prob here...
I had to reinstall FCP and all the probs appear.
I shoot on CANON XHA1 and when exporting on compressor I use HDV 1080I 50, the result was very good with a 16:9 on quicktime, so no prob.

Since 2 days, Im on a new project with the same camera and when I export, quicktime read it in 4:3

So, I decided to check my 1 year old fcp projects and its the same problem..;its crazy because 1 year ago when I exported it, quicktime read it in 16:9 and now its in 4:3

I thought it was a quicktime problem, so I tried to read my 1 year old .mov 16:9 exported files and its ok, quicktime is in 16:9

Is it a prob with compressor or do I need to change my parameters in FCP ???

Info:
the properties of my .mov files when exporting it with my camera are 1920x1080 and quicktime read it in 16:9.
The properties of the files on FCP are 1440x1080 and is well read in 16:9 also.
Its when I export the sequence, its 4:3.
I put ''forcing 16:9'' to try and the size is changign and becomes something like 1440x880...totally insane :(

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ryan HolmesRe: HDV - Compressor export problem - 16:9
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:49:11 pm

Sounds like your sequence settings inside of FCP are messed up.

Make a new sequence. Right click on the newly created sequence and choose "Settings..." from the drop down list. Once that dialog box opens look in the lower left corner of that dialog box and click on "Load Sequence Preset..." In there choose the appropriate settings for your camera. Then you'll have a sequence set appropriately. Now just copy your media form the old sequence into the newly created sequence. You may need to adjust the scale/distort of the newly pasted clips as they will have inherited whatever incorrect properties from the old sequence.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]