Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

user accounts and permissions on media drive with FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Craig Alanuser accounts and permissions on media drive with FCP 7
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 7:05:50 pm

I’m setting up some Imacs with FCP 7 and G-raids for media drives. I am having trouble getting permissions to apply for user accounts on the G-raids.

I posted on the OS X forum

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/71/862919

but did not resolve the problem.

So question: if no one can solve the above problem of OS X ignoring user permissions on the external drive, will using password protected sparse images of each media folder for each user work as well on FCP 7 as has been suggested for FCP X?

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jerry HofmannRe: user accounts and permissions on media drive with FCP 7
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:40:46 pm

Seems to me all you need to do is set the system to ignore permissions on that G-Raid.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig AlanRe: user accounts and permissions on media drive with FCP 7
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:51:14 pm

Why would ignoring permissions help me to set permissions on the raid? My purpose here is to have each user have a private folder of media that can't be viewed or trashed or changed by other users. So for example I want user 1 to have their own private folder. The admin however would have full read and write privileges.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]