Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Set Multiple In/Out Points on Stills

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Scott BethelSet Multiple In/Out Points on Stills
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:59:10 pm

I have someone bringing in about 400 JPEGs of their wedding in the Bahamas that they want turned into a video.

I will bring them in at about 8 seconds a piece.

Is there a way (there must be) to set the in and out on the whole batch of them so they all have handles for dissolve transitions?

Sorry, I have searched but must not be using terminology that is getting me anywhere. Thanks.

Have a COW, man.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom MatthiesRe: Set Multiple In/Out Points on Stills
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 3:02:07 pm

Before importing your stills, you can go into the User preferences and set a still duration time. When the jpegs are imported, they will come in at the length you have specified. Just set the length to include whatever amount of time you need for your handles.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jerry HofmannRe: Set Multiple In/Out Points on Stills
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 1:54:23 pm

If you import stills they have a duration of 2 minutes. So when you tell the prefs to import them with a duration of 6 seconds, the in and outs will be in the middle of the clip so you'll have plenty of handles for transitions.... just grab them in the order you want them and drag them al to a sequence...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]