Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Trouble capturing tapes from camera into FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Laurence WallaceTrouble capturing tapes from camera into FCP 7
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 11:48:13 am

I'm having problems capturing video from mini DV tapes from my Sony DCR-VX2100 into FCP 7. I have connected a cable between the camera and my hard drive - a DV output coming out of the camera & a Firewire 600 cable plugged into my hard drive. When I click the Log and Capture setting in FCP it keeps saying "Unable able to initialize video deck"

Does the camera need to be plugged directly into my computer in order for FCP to initialize the deck? And then should I connect the hard drive to the computer as well, of course. My computer doesn't have a FW 600 input, only Firewire 800 and USB inputs. Does this mean I need to get a DV/Firewire 800 cable so that I can directly connect the camera with my iMac?? Any guidance assisting me troubleshooting this would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

Laurence

Laurence Wallace
http://www.laurencewallace.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve EisenRe: Trouble capturing tapes from camera into FCP 7
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 3:42:31 pm

You need to connect the camera directly to your computer. There are FW adapters, cables and hubs available for your needs. Look at Markertek for reference.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]