Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

What's the best way in my situation to rip blu-ray to maintain quality?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nikolai MetinWhat's the best way in my situation to rip blu-ray to maintain quality?
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 3:36:43 pm

I have a blu-ray copy of an event that needs to be reedited. Just straight cutting it down, no effects work or color correction.
What's the best way to go about ripping it, editing, reexporting back to blu-ray, in order to maintain the most of the original quality?
Btw, I'm posting it in fcp 7 forum, but I'm fine working in premiere/avid/fcp x, if someone thinks there's a better solution there.
Should I repost this in another category on creativecow?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Juan SalvoRe: What's the best way in my situation to rip blu-ray to maintain quality?
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 4:36:05 pm

If you can copy the m2ts files of the disc, you can work with these natively in premiere. Would say that would be best.

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nikolai MetinRe: What's the best way in my situation to rip blu-ray to maintain quality?
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 2:29:46 pm

Thanks a lot! What does that imply in terms of sequence settings and at the end, export settings? In premiere, I only worked with dslr and red stuff. No experience with m2ts.

"I cut, I disco..."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Juan SalvoRe: What's the best way in my situation to rip blu-ray to maintain quality?
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 6:40:13 pm

Sequence setting: You need to match your media, and export will require recompression. If you want to go back to bluray you can dynamic link straight to encore.

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]