Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Confused,which Blackmagic product for smooth playback on second monitor?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
luke christopherConfused,which Blackmagic product for smooth playback on second monitor?
by on Mar 30, 2012 at 12:05:29 pm

I've searched the forums but could not find and exact answer. I'm looking for smooth playback on my 22" monitor. I'm using FCP 6 on a 2010 Macbook pro with 8gb and with a 4tb Graid.

I know this is not the most up to date system, but I'm wondering what product I can use. I'm considering the Blackmagic HD Link, but that's for mostly using to make the second monitor a broadcast monitor, right? But does it help to smooth playback? Or do I get Blackmagic Intensity? Which one works best with the MB Pro with only FW 800?

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve EisenRe: Confused,which Blackmagic product for smooth playback on second monitor?
by on Mar 30, 2012 at 4:00:35 pm

I would get any product from Black-Magic, AJA or Matrox for your a/v i/o. Research each product to determine your input/output needs and also how each one connects to your specific MBP. Not all products connect the same way. Some connect via FW800 others Express34, etc.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: Confused,which Blackmagic product for smooth playback on second monitor?
by on Mar 30, 2012 at 5:43:48 pm

YOu only have a FW800 port for connecting to an IO box? Then there is only one option, and it ONLY works with FCP. And is the most expensive box out there too. The AJA IO HD.

Typically IO devices connect via PCIe on towers, or Express34 on laptops...and lately via Thunderbolt. Lack those options, the only device you can use is the IO HD. There are USB 3 options, but no Mac has USB 3, and they don't work via USB2.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

luke christopherRe: Confused,which Blackmagic product for smooth playback on second monitor?
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 9:25:10 pm

Thanks Shane, looks like it's cheaper to buy a the new laptop with thunderbolt.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]