Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Some .mts files won't transcode on FCP or be copied to a folder on hard drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Odil RuzalievSome .mts files won't transcode on FCP or be copied to a folder on hard drive
by on Mar 27, 2012 at 12:01:20 am

I tried Driftwood Dark Matter on Lumix GH-2 last week on a wedding, but something went wrong. I used Sandisk 64Gb 95Mb/s card with 24p settings. I have half of the files transcoded with Log and Transfer on FCP, but when it came to the middle it said stream error. I tried to copy the remaining files to another folder on the hard drive, but it won't allow me to copy them, I can see the files in the card and on the thumbnail images, they wouldn't play. There are some important footages there. Is there any solution?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: Some .mts files won't transcode on FCP or be copied to a folder on hard drive
by on Mar 27, 2012 at 2:56:50 am

See if clipwrap will help you:

http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Odil RuzalievRe: Some .mts files won't transcode on FCP or be copied to a folder on hard drive
by on Mar 27, 2012 at 3:11:58 am

Now I see the problem. PC can move the files and I could even import them into Adobe Premiere, but not Mac and FCP. I think the problem is with the OS that can't read some files. But how to fix the problem?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: Some .mts files won't transcode on FCP or be copied to a folder on hard drive
by on Mar 27, 2012 at 3:55:28 am

[Odil Ruzaliev] "Now I see the problem. PC can move the files and I could even import them into Adobe Premiere, but not Mac and FCP. I think the problem is with the OS that can't read some files. But how to fix the problem?
"

Clipwrap.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: Some .mts files won't transcode on FCP or be copied to a folder on hard drive
by on Mar 27, 2012 at 3:39:05 am

There is a PANASONIC application called "AVCCAM Restore". That might help you.
Google it. Is in the PANA web site.
They have as well an AVCCAM QT Component to edit .mts in FC without conversion or rewrapping.
Is called "AVCCAM Importer".
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Odil RuzalievRe: Some .mts files won't transcode on FCP or be copied to a folder on hard drive
by on Mar 27, 2012 at 4:00:15 am

I resolved the problem. Here is the link in case you bump into a similar problem!

http://www.macyourself.com/2010/01/07/solution-to-finder-error-code-36-in-1...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]