Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

5DmkII 30fps BluRay NTSC / PAL?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Giuliano Bausano5DmkII 30fps BluRay NTSC / PAL?
by on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:05:34 pm

Hi everyone,
i am looking for help because i have problem with NTSC, which i don't usually use.

I already had a look at few post about it but i am still a bit confused.

I am in EU (PAL) editing short movies, arriving from a 5DmkII, which normally are 25fps.. this time they ask more and more to have NTSC bluray and DVD, so i had a couple of file.mov done at 30fps from the video operator

I did apple prores with MPEG streamclip as i normally do and edited the movie in FinalCut and i did check the project setting was 30fps but.. as they received the BD and DVD they told me those are in PAL and not in NTSC standard.. i have no idea if they're right or wrong, i don't care, i just would like you to help me to understand the correct WORKFLOW to follow.

TNX in advance.
rISO3D

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rob GrauertRe: 5DmkII 30fps BluRay NTSC / PAL?
by on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:26:38 pm

If the client wanted an NTSC product, then the footage should have been shot at 29.97fps. Convert those files to ProRes using MPEG Streamclip and maintain a the frame rate of 29.97fps. Then bring the ProRes clips into FCP and work in a timeline set to 29.97fps. Edit, then export your Master out of FCP by going to File > Export > Quicktime Conversion, and be sure to maintain Current Settings. Once your Master is exported, bring it into Compressor for DVD encoding, ensuring the frame rate remains 29.97fps.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Giuliano BausanoRe: 5DmkII 30fps BluRay NTSC / PAL?
by on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:34:01 pm

Tnx a lot, as far as i remember it's exactly what i did but they seen it on a PC because they said it's PAL.
As I needed to do a menu with Encore, i don't remember if i gave the converted file from compressor OR left the codification to Encore, which may had PAL settings.

Anyway tnx for the answer.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: 5DmkII 30fps BluRay NTSC / PAL?
by on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:58:06 pm

Did you author a PAL DVD by mistake?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: 5DmkII 30fps BluRay NTSC / PAL?
by on Feb 14, 2012 at 5:51:09 pm

The 5D shoots p30 "real'. Convert to p30 Prores, then conform the stuff to 29,98 with CinemaTools or
If you have already edited your movie as p30, conform the master to 29,98.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 14, 2012 at 5:55:26 pm

TNX a LOT Rafael.
I am still checking but I guess that's the problem..

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 14, 2012 at 5:53:28 pm

Not sure, they told me by email that they suppose i gave them a PAL DVD.
As I got DVD.ISO and BLURAY.ISO copy here, i am trying to check it on my iMAC but can't find an easy way to check it... ....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]