Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Trying to change frame size

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
David SmithTrying to change frame size
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 7:28:40 am

Hello Everyone,
This is my first posting, so bare with me if I lack posting etiquette.
With that being said, I just finished editing a project in FCP, the footage was shot with a 7D.
I just realized my timeline was 720x480 (oops), when I try to adjust the frame size in the settings the image gets small. I have to upload the project to youtube for my client. They will see in the settings that its 480 not 1080, which is what they paid for.
Any suggestions on how to get my HD footage back to HD from a standard timeline?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chad SmithRe: Trying to change frame size
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 5:22:14 pm

Hey David

You will need to go into easy setup in FCP and select 1080p 23.98 assuming that is what you shot. Then make a new sequence, this should now be a 1080 sequence. You can check this by right clicking on the new sequence and selecting settings. This will bring up a window that will show the settings for the seq. Another way to do it is to match frame into the first clip of you current cut, make a new sequence and cut your match framed clip into the new cut and select yes when it asks you if you want to make the current seq have the same properties as the clip you are inserting. Then mark an in at the top and an out at the tail of you old cut and insert that into the new 1080 cut. Be sure to hold down the command key when you do this so it will show your edits. Your footage may be squished or distorted in some way. I find the quickest way to fix this is to match frame into each shot and relay into your new 1080 edit.

Hope this helps
Cheers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]