Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Onlining Canon 5D Proxy Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
sandy shapiroOnlining Canon 5D Proxy Footage
by on Nov 29, 2011 at 4:45:38 pm

Hi,

I am having issues onlining Canon 5D/7D footage.
I originally edited this footage offline (I transcoded it to Proxy).
Now I am ready to online the sequence.

Here are the steps that I usually follow to online:
Duplicate my sequence.
Media Manager> create offline>Apple Prores 422 HQ 1920x1080 24p>DELETE UNUSED MEDIA> 2 sec handles

I open up the new offline project.
Change my transcoding preferences to HQ
Highlight sequence> Batch Capture

HERE'S WHERE I START TO HAVE ISSUES: FCP is having trouble locating the "volumes" so I must mount them into the Log & Transfer window manually.

FCP seems to recognize the clips once I mount the volumes.
It looks like it starts to transcode smoothly.
Once I come back to check it, transcode is completed however the sequence and its master clips are still offline.
When I take a look at the Log&Transfer window, the Media map circle next to my clips is only half shaded (versus fully shaded).

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

Our final output:

We're working in a 720p DVCPRO HD sequence as the majority of clips have been shot with the Panasonic HPX. However, our interview footage is with the 5D at 1080p that we'd like to online from proxy. Our final output will be 720p DVCPRO HD. We'd like the Canon 5D footage to be at the highest resolution, even though we're going down from 1080p. Just thought I'd mention to see if any of this presents a potential problem with our online of the 5D clips. THANKS!!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt LyonRe: Onlining Canon 5D Proxy Footage
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 4:44:54 am

Sounds like you are doing everything right. But the EOS Plugin is delicate. I would not touch anything on your computer while it is batch capturing. Don't even look at your email! If you check your capture folder, can you see if the full media managed clips have been transcoded?

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

sandy shapiroRe: Onlining Canon 5D Proxy Footage
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:09:07 pm

Thanks, Matt. Good to know. None of the media managed clips have been transcoded. This is puzzling as we've done this before and it has worked. Not sure why this is happening now.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]