Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Switcher to control timeline in FCP

COW Forums : ToolsOnAir

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Evie LederSwitcher to control timeline in FCP
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 7:24:17 pm

Is there such a thing? I'd love to be able to attach FCP tracks to knobs, an be able to switch and FCP would convert these movements into edits, fades, etc. Crazy? I just want to take the math out of some fades and dissolves, etc... go sorta old school, with all the benefits of all the tracks and precision in FCP, too. (In other words, I don't want to go back to tape, just want to bring a little touch of the hand back into the process)

Is there such a thing?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew RendellRe: Switcher to control timeline in FCP
by on Oct 22, 2011 at 9:19:05 am

Nice idea but I've never come across one. You can control the audio mixer section from a daw control surface in FCP7, so I'd guess that in principle it might be possible to get the multi-function knobs on something like a Novation Nocturn to control parameters other than that (but I expect it would be a serious software writing job to do it).

Do you use a pen/tablet instead of a mouse? If not, try it. I think it's much nicer/more tactile than the mouse.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve EisenRe: Switcher to control timeline in FCP
by on Oct 23, 2011 at 2:56:21 am

ToolsOnAir is as close as you'll get.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT