Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Capturing and audio sample rate?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
zeke meginskyCapturing and audio sample rate?
by on May 13, 2011 at 2:33:23 am

I logged and batch captured a lot of clips from one tape. I got this message after:

"The audio sample rate of one or more of your captured media files does not match the sample rate on your source tape. This may cause the video and audio of these media files to be out of sync. Make sure the audio sample rate of your capture preset matches the sample rate of your tape."

Now, I don't know anything about the camera it was taped from. I heard I have to change something in Easy Setup. What should I change the audio sample rate to? What are the most common settings?

Thanks in advance..

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

zeke meginskyRe: Capturing and audio sample rate?
by on May 13, 2011 at 2:59:29 am

It's a regular MINI DV tape, if that helps.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Capturing and audio sample rate?
by on May 13, 2011 at 3:28:33 am

Mini DV can be shot with 4 channel audio and a sample rate of 32khz instead of the normal 2 channel 48khz.

So check your tapes. When playing back in your camera or a deck it should display the sample rate. If it is 32khz then search this forum as the steps to creating an Easy Setup for this have been well covered before.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

zeke meginskyRe: Capturing and audio sample rate?
by on May 13, 2011 at 11:32:04 am

Okay. So you're saying I can see the audio sample rate in the tape deck while I'm logging and capturing. How do I see it? Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Capturing and audio sample rate?
by on May 14, 2011 at 12:14:09 am

My experience is that the on screen display in many cameras or the display on decks indicates the audio sample rate. I used to own a Sony DSR1500 which showed sample rate on the front panel LCD. Have a look at you devices manual to find out how to display audio sample rate info. You didn't mention what you are capturing off so I can't be more specific than that.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]