Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Export to work on PC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Daniel GoldsteinExport to work on PC
by on Aug 10, 2010 at 11:27:43 pm

Can someone please tell me how to export my Final Cut Pro project to a codec that works with windows? My client needs it by tomorrow...

Step by step directions would be great, because I just stink at figuring things out on my own.

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: Export to work on PC
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 12:47:20 am

Daniel,
Probably your client just needs to install QT in his PC to read the footage that you sent him.
Which kind of footage did you sent?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Export to work on PC
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 1:36:24 am

H264 is a really common codec for Mac and Windows. If your client doesn't have Quicktime installed, then tell them to download and install VLC which is free and will play H264

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel GoldsteinRe: Export to work on PC
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 2:34:50 am

So, H264 is working on WINDOWS!!!! But for some reason, it skipped a piece of my video. Do you think it was a bad burn disc and I should try again or is it common for that to happen with compressor?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael GissingRe: Export to work on PC
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:07:11 am

mpeg2 and mpeg4 have been working on Windows for years. H264 is just Apples way of saying mpeg4. It has become the dominant codec on the web so of course it works in Windows.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]