Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

How Do I Down-convert with the AJA Konas?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Creative COWHow Do I Down-convert with the AJA Konas?
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 3:04:39 pm

From FAQ:

This method applies to the AJA Kona 2, 3, LH and LHe.

Final Cut Pro MUST be set up in the HD format you are editing in. Do NOT change anything in FCP to SD. For example if you are editing in AJA Kona 3 DVCPro HD 1080i/29.97, then leave FCP set to AJA Kona 3 DVCPro HD 1080i/29.97.

Click on the Kona Control Panel.

Click on the Control Tab

Primary should be set to your FCP HD format. In this example that would be 1080i/29.97

Secondary should be set to the SD format you want to downconvert to. In this example that would be 525/29.97.

Click on the Output tab you want to downconvert. The Konas have up to three outputs represented on the right side of the Control Panel. Simply click on the one you want to Downconvert.

Select Secondary 525.

If you want to downconvert more than one output, select those outputs and do the same.

Now go back to Final Cut Pro.

The outputs you chose to downconvert are now displaying the downconverted SD.

This is the correct way to use the Control Panel. NEVER use Final Cut Pro to do any sort of conversions. You leave that set up in the Primary format.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]