Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

How to crop (not ordinary "crop"), but cut away unwanted part of frame?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Simen MyrbergetHow to crop (not ordinary "crop"), but cut away unwanted part of frame?
by on May 13, 2010 at 11:33:47 am

In Photoshop when you crop, you cut away the unwanted part of the picture and the number of pixels changes (less pixels). In Final Cut you get a black border around the cropped area. I would like to crop it and not have the black border around. The reason? A faulty chip with a green stripe on the edge of the footage......

How to "crop" in the same way as in Photoshop in Final Cut Pro? I am using FCP 6 btw....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

cowcowcowcow
Dave LaRondeRe: How to crop (not ordinary "crop"), but cut away unwanted part of frame?
by on May 13, 2010 at 3:17:06 pm

When you crop in FCP -- as in many other applications -- you view what's BENEATH the cropped layer. In your case, it's a black background. If you don't want to see it, you'll have to scale up the video a bit to lose the black.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Post removed.

cowcowcowcow
Kim RowleyRe: How to crop (not ordinary "crop"), but cut away unwanted part of frame?
by on May 13, 2010 at 4:58:28 pm

Either do as Dave suggests or you might want to check out
http://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/dh_dropout
which may be able to fix your faulty footage.
Cheers1

Dual 3 GHz Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.0.6), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Simen MyrbergetRe: How to crop (not ordinary "crop"), but cut away unwanted part of frame?
by on May 13, 2010 at 6:44:42 pm

Thanks. That was a great tip and a very instructive video on the subject (plug in)!

I still have much to learn ..... :-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris TompkinsRe: How to crop (not ordinary "crop"), but cut away unwanted part of frame?
by on May 13, 2010 at 6:57:32 pm

If the plug-in doesn't do it for you. Double up your video layer on track 1 and 2. Scale up only the layer on track one and blur it. Crop the problem edge out on track 2. Depending on the footage and the size of the crop, just an idea.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Simen MyrbergetRe: How to crop (not ordinary "crop"), but cut away unwanted part of frame?
by on May 15, 2010 at 9:59:51 am

Thanks Chris! A creative suggestion. I will try it!

I still have much to learn ..... :-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]