Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Problems importing HD video to final cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Noah RudermanProblems importing HD video to final cut
by on Mar 23, 2010 at 8:52:53 pm

I'm trying to import HD Video using a Sony hvr m15U deck. Mac Pro OSX 10.5.6. It will not recognize the hardware and I can't figure out how to get it to work. I'm editing with Final Cut Studio

4 gb ram and 2.66 dual core processor on the mac.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jerry AltoRe: Problems importing HD video to final cut
by on Mar 23, 2010 at 9:07:43 pm

Noah- Quit out of FCP>power up the m15 deck> make sure deck output is HDV(not downconverted)>Apple icon>more info>firewire. Does the deck show up there? If not you have a deck/computer/cable issue. If it is there launch FCP and proceed with proper audio/video settings.

HTH,
Jerry

MacPro 2.93 Quad
FCP7
Sony Z-1
GV-HD700

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah RudermanRe: Problems importing HD video to final cut
by on Mar 23, 2010 at 11:38:26 pm

I went to Apple: More Info: Firewire and all that it says is "Firewire Bus" and then underneath it "Built in Hub" and then "Unknown Device"

It says this when I have nothing plugged into the Firewire ports.

When I plug in the deck, same thing. Nothing changes on the firewire screen. Even when I plug in an external harddrive into firewire port the harddrive shows up on my desktop but the "Apple Info/Firewire" screen remains the same.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ken JonesRe: Problems importing HD video to final cut
by on Mar 24, 2010 at 3:38:19 am

Check your deck's menu setting for "iLink". It needs to be set to "On".

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ken BarnesRe: Problems importing HD video to final cut
by on Jun 10, 2010 at 9:45:26 pm

Quote: 'Check your deck's menu setting for "iLink". It needs to be set to "On".'

But if you do that, the footage won't be HDV but SD.

Anyway, I cannot get any joy trying to import HDV into FCP 7.0.2 "Cannot capture" messages no matter what settings I use. Another forum suggests that the firewire port on the camera is fried and that is looking like the answer for many people. Apparently you cannot hot plug or unplug the cable even though the 4 pin end is not supposed to be hot.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]