Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

HD sequence to DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
hendrik magarHD sequence to DVD
by on Nov 12, 2009 at 9:08:46 pm

I'm trying to get max quality out of my 12min clip but having couple on issues. ( 1440x1080 25p )

First of all I tried to send my project to compressor and then to dvd studio pro (using DVD best quality 90min) it looked fine in dvd studio but after burning i lost lot of saturation and contrast.

Also quality isn't so good. Is there a way to burn it on dvd with original size (1440x1080), because at the moment it rezised itself to 720x576 (on dvd)?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Zane BarkerRe: HD sequence to DVD
by on Nov 13, 2009 at 4:00:53 am

[hendrik magar] "Also quality isn't so good. Is there a way to burn it on dvd with original size (1440x1080), because at the moment it rezised itself to 720x576 (on dvd)? "

NOPE standard DVDs are NOT HD quality, for that you would want to make a BlueRay DVD

[hendrik magar] "it looked fine in dvd studio but after burning i lost lot of saturation and contrast. "

How are you monitoring your video when editing? Im betting its only being viewed via computer screen during editing, and if that is the case then you are never going to get accurate representation of the video. Proper monitoring can only be done by monitoring on an display built for video not on a computer screen.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Henry TruongRe: HD sequence to DVD
by on Nov 13, 2009 at 8:44:23 pm

You will need to use a display fit for viewing broadcast. And as far as fitting the original dimensions, it is not possible to do so on a standard definition DVD. Everything is going to be re-encoded into SD. If you want to get maximum quality out of what you have, you can play with the settings in Compressor to achieve maximum bit rate going to the DVD.

-henry

HD Creative Services
http://www.hdcreativeservices.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]