Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

DVCPRO HD firewire output audio issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
David ReesDVCPRO HD firewire output audio issue
by on Jul 15, 2009 at 2:15:11 pm

Hi, having a few problems with DVCPRO HD audio

Here is the situation

Shoot DVCPRO HD 1080i50 using P2 camera (HPX2100).

Edit on a 1080i50 DVCPRO HD timeline using an intel Macbook pro.

When monitoring the audio on the mac all is good.

Crackles appear on the audio when the timeline is played back to a P2 camera or deck (both set to DVCPRO HD 1080i50)

This has been the case with several Macbook Pros (Leopard and Tiger) and a Mac Pro tower.

When using the Mac Pro tower, playout was also fine when using the internal AJA HD-SDI card.

I think I know that this is a firewire issue, but I am now a bit lost as what to do about it.

Anybody had the same problem or know any answers.

Thanks

David Rees.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin BarkerRe: DVCPRO HD firewire output audio issue
by on Aug 6, 2009 at 3:36:37 pm

I'm having the same issue. When outputting 720p/59.94 over firewire to AJ-HD1400 or 1200 there is an audible crackle throughout the program. Its mainly noticeable in fade outs, but not apparent during segments of black/silence.

If I output through the Kona 3 HD-SDI the crackle is not present. This issue was not present two weeks ago and the only explanation I can come up with is the FCP update to version 6.0.6.

Cruising other forums I ran across a couple of people who deleted their FCP preference files and that fixed it for them, however in my situation, that is not the case.

I can output through the Kona tomorrow for the client, but obviously the best way to get this tape for them is to keep it native DVCPRO HD over firewire. Of course, after broadcast it takes a compression hit any way.

Oh well.

If anyone has any luck let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]