Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Help! Trying to add a transition.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeremy DonaldsonHelp! Trying to add a transition.
by on Feb 10, 2009 at 6:40:24 am

As you see, the second added FLASH FRAME transition added nicely. However the one before, when I tried to add. It added just like that. I can't adjust the size of the transition or anything.

I hope this isn't too confusing. It's tough to explain.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David Roth WeissRe: Help! Trying to add a transition.
by on Feb 10, 2009 at 7:04:24 am

This is excerpted from the Apple manual:

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy DonaldsonRe: Help! Trying to add a transition.
by on Feb 10, 2009 at 7:30:01 am

That has to be what is going on. But I am new to FCP, and trying to figure from your post what steps I need to do next to fix it. How do I add handles?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: Help! Trying to add a transition.
by on Feb 10, 2009 at 9:15:52 am

Mark IN and OUT points away from the edges of your footage.

#1 Transitions "Insufficient Content"

Shane's Stock Answer #1: Trying to add a Transition and get the error "Insufficient Content"

A full 1 second cross fade reaches 15 frames into each clip. So, if you want to change a cut to a cross fade, there has to be at least 15 additional frames of each clip. Say you're trying to cross fade from one clip into the very first frame of a second clip. FCP cannot 'create' 15 more frames of the second clip to do a cross fade. If they're not there, you're out of luck.

What you are running into is that you are marking an out point at the far edges of a clip then adding a cross dissolve, say 30 frames (one second) in duration. Since the dissolve is centered on the cut, it will start 15 frames before the cut, and try to go 15 frames AFTER the cut...which it can't do. What you need to do is plan how long your dissolve will be and back-time your cut so that it works.

You need to make sure that your clips have enough media (called 'handles') at the beginning of the incoming clip and at the end of the outgoing clip for the transition. For example, if you have a 1 second (30 frame) dissolve, your in and out point need to be at least 15 frames from the edge of the clip.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Esther CasasRe: Help! Trying to add a transition.
by on Sep 29, 2009 at 4:54:15 pm

Hi!
I am having trouble adding a cross dissolve of 30frs in between my clips. I already Marked IN and OUT points away from the edges of my footage, more than 15 frames, and I still get "Insufficient Content"message...i take the 2 clips individually and mark the points.

Am I setting up in and out points wrong?? i am doing mark out point at the end of the 1st clip (more than 15frs before the end) and Mark in at the beginning of the 2nd clip (more than 15frs from the start), also tried split video in and out at the same positions....

what am i doing wrong??

thank you all!!!
E

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]