Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

When rendering audio, it seems to corrupt the audio file in the timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Paul HarbWhen rendering audio, it seems to corrupt the audio file in the timeline?
by on Nov 11, 2008 at 4:48:36 am

Ive noticed an odd thing going on in my FCP and I cant really figure it out, could be something Im doing but Im not sure what. I have some music in my timeline and for some reason when I render it seems to corrupt the file and the music gets weird tempo, like it will be playing fine then all the sudden it will jump to some other place in the music, if that makes sense. Im not sure what to make of it, Ive noticed this before If I try to render a MP3, but it is doing it to AIFF files as well....any ideas what I must be doing wrong?

Paul

Paul Harb-Producer/Director
Wrong Beach Multimedia
Dual 3.2 GHz Quad/10.5.2/4GIG RAM/FCP 6.0.2/QT 7.4.1

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin MonahanRe: When rendering audio, it seems to corrupt the audio file in the timeline?
by on Nov 11, 2008 at 5:15:41 am

Never use MP3s! The AIFF file will not have to be rendered if it is the same sample rate as your sequence, usually 48 kHz, not 44.1 as files from CD usually are.

You must meticulously encode all audio to 48 kHz and all will be well.

Kevin Monahan
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul HarbRe: When rendering audio, it seems to corrupt the audio file in the timeline?
by on Nov 11, 2008 at 5:31:00 am

HEy Kevin,

Ya i dont ever use MP3's anymore, learned my lesson that they dont render well, however these AIFF's are all 48k, thats why Im scratching my head...its odd....

Paul

Wrong Beach Multimedia

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul HarbRe: When rendering audio, it seems to corrupt the audio file in the timeline?
by on Nov 11, 2008 at 6:32:57 am

Ummm....I feel stupid now....thks Kevin, I just took a look again at the file and I WAS using the 44k file, I had converted it like i always do but for some reason I had layed the wrong version in the timeline....DOH! Its been a long day....thks again for the focus in the right direction.

Paul

Wrong Beach Multimedia

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]