Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Sequence render takes too long

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
uri soglowekSequence render takes too long
by on Oct 26, 2008 at 9:58:58 pm

i import footage into a sequence but when i try to preview it, there is a beeping sound and the monitor reads "unrendered".

when i try to render the sequence so i can preview it - it takes a lot of time.

is there a way to edit the footage with out rendeing it?
(like in premiere)

or am i doing something wrong?

thanks again for the help.

uri

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jaap VerdeniusRe: Sequence render takes too long
by on Oct 26, 2008 at 10:25:26 pm

First, set you sequence playback RT settings from Safe to Unlimited
(popup menu on the upper left corner of the timeline window).

It that doesn't work, tell us the settings of your sequence and that of the footage (codecs etc).

Beeps indicate that the sample rates of the footage and that of the sequence are different.
In FCP 6 you can create a new sequence and have FCP adjust its settings on the first time you drop a clip into it - it will show a message box.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Don GreeningRe: Sequence render takes too long
by on Oct 26, 2008 at 10:54:01 pm

[Jaap Verdenius] "In FCP 6 you can create a new sequence and have FCP adjust its settings on the first time you drop a clip into it - it will show a message box."

......or you can set the audio playback preferences to lower quality. Doing this will allow a mismatched sample rate to play back in your current sequence. You can change this setting by going to the Final Cut Pro menu and clicking on "User Preferences". Set the audio playback quality to "Lower (faster)".

When it's time to render your project prior to export FCP will automatically upconvert the audio to 48k. Hit "Cmd -R" to render all. FCP will render the audio after it's done the video.

As with most things to do with Final Cut Pro, there are several ways to achieve the same goal. It all depends on how you like to work.

- Don

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: Sequence render takes too long
by on Oct 27, 2008 at 1:12:56 am

What format is your footage (i.e. where is it from)?

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

uri soglowekRe: Sequence render takes too long
by on Oct 27, 2008 at 8:11:08 am

thanks for the help!

the footage is a Screen Capture - QT Animation

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 27, 2008 at 3:38:24 pm

[uri soglowek] "the footage is a Screen Capture - QT Animation"

Then that would be your problem. I would take your screen cap and comfrom ti to somethign FCP will ie in real time using Compressor. ProRes is a good option.

Or, you can have a look at screenflow. It is the coolest screen cap software I have ever witnessed. You can edit right in the application!

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

uri soglowekRe: Sequence render takes too long
by on Oct 28, 2008 at 7:56:12 am

well, i am using ScreenFlow. anyway- solved the problem by adjusting the settings.

another question -

lets say i have a screen capture of a 1000 by 800 pix. now, i want to edit and export it as a 800 by 600 (the dimensions the client gave me) but i don't want the footage to look squeezed.

do i have to import it into a sequence1000 by 800 pix (the original size - for real time preview), edit it and then nest it in a new sequence 800 by 600 for the final render?

if i do that i get no preview in the final render sequence and will have to render it so i can view it.

did i get it right?

thanks again for all the helpers.

uri

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 28, 2008 at 4:54:08 pm

[uri soglowek] "do i have to import it into a sequence1000 by 800 pix (the original size - for real time preview), edit it and then nest it in a new sequence 800 by 600 for the final render? "

how do you have to deliver the final? A flash movei or something?

1000x800 is a 5:4 aspect ratio when using square pixels. (It's that same aspect as 4:3 PAL when using non square)

800x600 is a 4x3 square pixel aspect ratio. The equivalent 5:4 is 800x640 or 750x600.

You have a couple of options.

-Have a letterbox to fit the horizontal area.

-Crop 20 pixels off of the top and bottom to fit in to the final aspect ratio.

-Have a pillarbox to fit the vertical area

Make sense?

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Elvira AvetisyanRe: Sequence render takes too long
by on Sep 22, 2010 at 11:51:28 pm

Hi, i noticed that you know a lot about rendering.

I have a a problem, and i hope you can help me.

i just bought my first mac computer, and it is powerful, it is quad core i7, 2.93 GHz, 2x4GB of RAM, they told me that this computer will leberate me from all the video editing problems i had had before working on PC.

I after looking thouroughly , decided to learn Final Cut Pro . And knowing the basics, i started editing. the problem is that when i put 3 way color correction, or maybe smoothcam video filters, it gives me about 16 hours to render JUST 1 MINUTE video. And i know that i am doing something wrong, because whenever i edit that same footage in motion 4, with exact filters, it takes minutes, and that is it....

Maybe i do something in the settings, or is it maybe because of the footage??? It is my brothers wedding, i ripped it from dvd....first i chose .MOV and .MP4, i even tried MPEG2 (i used to work in this format all the time on PC ), but when i import mpeg2 into FCP, there is no Sound.

So in which format should i rip video, so the quality would be untouched and rendering wouldnt be that long????

Any advice I would appreciate,

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 23, 2010 at 4:47:44 pm

[Elvira Avetisyan] "So in which format should i rip video, so the quality would be untouched and rendering wouldnt be that long????"

For Sd video? You could use dv50, or ProRes. If it's coming off of DVD, the quality damage has been done.

What frame rate? NTSC or PAL?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]