Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAC OS X:ForumBoot CampApple Home

Clovertown 8-Core

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
dave RudolphClovertown 8-Core
by on Apr 4, 2007 at 5:51:16 pm

Silverado Systems just announced that the new Clovertown 8-Core Mac Pro's are available. Just what new productivity will this new architecture bring us? From my point of view I am struggling along in post with a G-4 Power Book.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gene ColburnRe: Clovertown 8-Core
by on Apr 6, 2007 at 5:16:41 am

I have an antique radio mfg Bush and Lane Piano co. circa 1925 It has 8 tubes. If you look closely there are no connections to the grids of 5 of these valves. Consequently only 3 tubes really perform the intent of a functioning am receiver. We used to have laws governing this kind of stuff, but I doubt we have any one in congress smart enough to understand how we as consumers are being bilked. There have been quad cpu motherboards out for a couple of years now fully capabile of supporting 8 core technology, made by Tyan and SuperMicro. There is nothing in the Mac or MS world capable of using this. Parallel processors would be great (ex Cray)twere it more than smoke and mirrors. Oh and right before NAB Give me a break. The quad core stuff barely works, and speaking of smoke and mirrors, how many G5s have gone up in literal smoke? I know of half a dozen within miles of my shop. Be happy with what you have if it works.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]