Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Adobe After Effects 7.0 cannot create sound buffer?

• 7.0 cannot create sound buffer?

Posted by Patrick Longstreth on January 4, 2007 at 3:21 pm

Here is the exact error I get when trying to render:

“After Effects: not enough memory to create sound buffer. (174225K requested, 172028K available) (10::75)”

I have an HP with 2 gig of RAM. My machine is great and I’ve been using it for 2 years. I’ve been using AE for 5 years. I’ve never seen anything like this. AE 6.5 was working fine. I “upgraded” to 7, and then I had to go to the “secret” section under preferences to get it to render anything at all (by the way Adobe should list that in the help section under “simple ways to improve performance”). Video is fine, but now I want to render some audio and it wants to put the audio into the “sound buffer”. In 6.5 it would just start rendering like a champ.

What is the deal with this stupid “sound buffer”?! Just start rendering already!

Mylenium replied 17 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Mylenium

January 4, 2007 at 6:45 pm

Welcome to the club. AE 7 certainly sometimes does stupid things (I sometimes can preview minutes of audio, other days just a few seconds…), but there’s not much you can do. In your case most likely the install of AE has messed up your DirectSound component. AE tries to install a few DLLs, but they may not be the right version for your system or not installed properly at all. I suggest you try to update or re-install Mediaplayer, this usually sorts out such issues (but may have the disadvantage of loading another postmodern MS hog on your system that doesn’t allow you to go back to older versions of the Mediaplayer and decent people never use anyway *lol*).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy